Dish update ... pretty much there.

 Finally completed the 3 little stainless steel "pucks" that form the locking arrangement for securing the dish "L Bracket" to the pan and tilt head's quick release mechanism. 

Those innocuous little lumps of stainless where a pain to machine and adjust, Not something I would want to do again, although I suspect I will have to as I have 2 of these pan and tilt units!  I'll probably add some sort of trianglular brace, just to take some strain off the bolts, but, its pretty rigid as it stands.

The basic sequence is tripos erected, L bracket clipped on to the pan and tilt unit. Dish hooks on to the front with the 4 prongs. Feed is inserted through the hole, big brass nut tightened up, job done.





 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KST2YOU - An alternative interface to KST

23cm Antenna progress

13cm LNA design.